Registration & Accommodation
The first thing you will need to do when you arrive at the University is to register at School of International Education (SIE). At registration, your eligibility to study will be checked. After registration, you will be issued with your University E-card.
There are certain documents or stuff you are required to prepare before your registration:
Valid passport with student visa (X-Type)
Original Admission Letter and JW201/202
Scholarship Letter (if applicable)
No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your homeland organization (if applicable)
Original and certified copies of your highest diploma and academic transcripts
Personal identification documents such as driver’s license or ID card
Medical records (Physical Examination certificate / reports)
Traditional costumes (there will be a lot of activities held every semester)
5000 CNY or 800 USD (new scholarship students will receive stipend at the end of first month)
Passport photos (size: 10 photos of 2.5*3.5cm, 10 photos of 3.5*5cm)
Office 443, Administration Building, Xipu Campus
Monday to Friday, 8:30-11:30, 14:00-17:00
Please avoid coming to register on weekends. If your flight can only be scheduled on weekends, please email SIE at email@example.com at least 7 days before your arrival. We will allocate the volunteers to help you settle down in the dorm first, but you still need to complete official registration in office during work time.
Important: According to CSC and University regulations, scholarship students who register after 15th of the first month will only receive half month stipend.
On-campus dormitory rooms will be pre-allocated for all students. If you prefer to living off-campus, please email SIE at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 30 days before the official registration date. We will send you relevant documents for applying to live off-campus (MOFCOM scholarship students are not allowed to live off-campus).
Bedding stuff is not provided, please prepare it by yourself or buy it after arrival.
PLEASE NOTE: University dormitory rooms will ONLY be available after your registration during the official registration period. If you arrive in Chengdu in advance, please find accommodations by yourself.
- How to Apply Tianfu Health Code?
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China National Immigration Administration Announcement on the Temporary Suspension of Entry by Foreign Nationals Holding Valid Chinese Visas or Residence Permits
- Coping Stategies on COVID-19 for International Students
- Instruction to Course Registration
- Reminder on Visa Application
- Public Prevention Guide of Pneumonia Caused by Novel Coronavirus
- Students of School of International Education participated the Micromarathon
- SWJTU International Student Disaster and Fire Practice Drill
- Spring Hiking Trip
- Charleston College Summer Program visited SWJTU